Would you pay for mimio content?

Would you pay for professionally-produced mimio Studio content to be used in your classroom?
I would envision this content being more multimedia-based and much deeper than current content offered on mimio connect.
Would this interest you?
What sort of content would you expect to see?
What would be a fair pricing structure?

mimioguy's picture
Submitted by mimioguy Mimio Site Manager on Jul. 30, 2009

Comments & Collaboration (28)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I think yeah, because every

I think yeah, because every information and plan got the price) People make our life better and easier and of course they need to get some pay for their work

• Posted:
    Jan. 18, 2018
vickicasey
Posted by
vicki casey
Downloads: 0

Paying for mimio content?

Sharing lessons on mimio is a good part of what is so great about purchasing the product. Sure we have to modify the shared content sometimes but that is so much less time consuming than creating it from scratch. One could spend hours creating a beautiful lesson but what teacher has that kind of time? Sharing what we do create will help someone else to spend little time making it better or modifying it to fit their teaching style and needed content. No, mimio has it correct by creating a forum for free content, being creative with lessons, a place to communicate, get help, and better ourselves as educators.

• Posted:
    Nov. 9, 2013
jhillier
Posted by
Janet Hillier
Downloads: 25

Pay for content????

I would be greatly disappointed to see teachers start to ask for money for their lessons. To be honest even professionally created lessons do not meet all of my content needs nor are they created in a way that I take them and use them as is. Everyone needs to add their teaching style to their presentations I am sure. I LOVE that teachers share. Lesson resources are one of the reasons that our district went with MIMIO. I can also say that this is another reason I convinced the district that I live in to purchase MIMIO instead of ENO. I think this is one of your best marketing tools. At a time when education is so impacted and driven by money with a struggling economy our district would never give me money to pay for lessons. I don't even pay for apps for my iPads. Free is always a better option.

• Posted:
    Jun. 29, 2012
jacqueline
Posted by
Jacqueline Durant-Harthorne
Downloads: 1212

I would not pay for Mimio

I would not pay for Mimio Connect. I agree with others, there are so many other online sites out there, and I would use other teachers in by school for ideas and collaboration. I have not found anything yet that has Blown me away...

• Posted:
    Mar. 27, 2011
chadly79
Posted by
chadly79
Downloads: 3

We are teachers and are

We are teachers and are burdened with paying for things for students out of our own pockets. Mimio content is best after it is tried out in the classroom and teachers are the best at making and trying things out. There are so many free resources out there that paid mimio content would get overlooked. We share to help our students and other students learn better and learn more!

• Posted:
    Mar. 26, 2010
chapmanj
Posted by
Joey Chapman
Downloads: 393

paying for mimio content

I would not pay for content. I would create my own for free, or collaborate with other teachers and brainstorm cool ways I can use mimio in my classroom for free.

• Posted:
    Mar. 26, 2010
tmills
Posted by
Timothy Mills
Downloads: 51

Paying for Mimio Content

I might consider paying for professionally produced Mimio Content if:

*I could preview it first
*it could be edited once I purchased it
*I could pick & choose what to buy
*if it wasn't too expensive - I have no idea what I think would be too expensive. :-)

• Posted:
    Mar. 25, 2010
vweinstein
Posted by
vweinstein
Downloads: 86

I would not pay for Mimio

I would not pay for Mimio content. I would however want MIMIO to hire someone to make quality content and offer it free to users. This would make it more enticing for the non user to purchase a MIMIO if it included quality lessons.

• Posted:
    Mar. 24, 2010
rodonnell
Posted by
Robert O'Donnell
Downloads: 312

paying for mimio lessons

We are all teachers, coaches, administrators, etc. and the nature of the education business is to share. Charging for premium ink files or galleries may be ok if reasonably priced but not for the normal 5-8 slide files. We all search the web for free worksheets, powerpoints, etc. and this is no different.

• Posted:
    Feb. 5, 2010
lisaeisele63
Posted by
lisaeisele63
Downloads: 49

mimio is not planning to charge for mimioConnect content

Please rest assured that mimio is NOT planning on charging for mimioConnect content.

mimioConnect is your educators' resource designed to offer teachers tried and true interactive lessons. We are a community of educators using mimio interactive technology to make a difference with our students by giving them opportunities for active learning.

• Posted:
    Dec. 28, 2009
Paul Gigliotti
Posted by
Paul Gigliotti
Downloads: 1723

Paying for Mimio content

I see a large problem with this even though I can understand the reasoning behind Mimio's hoping to charge for content.

Our entire Nauset District must present a 0% increase budget for 2010-2011. We have had all our funds for the rest of this school year frozen. If schools do have to pay, then the progress made with wider use of the Mimio (we all have used the templates on the Mimio Connect site) will suffer a setback.

In this critical time where staff is being lost, there will be no extra money available to pay for Mimio content. Therefore, I ask that Mimio does not begin charging fees for their well-done teacher made templates.

• Posted:
    Dec. 22, 2009
bwfelton
Posted by
Barbara Felton
Downloads: 52

Just to throw in my two

Just to throw in my two cents, mimio hasn't even suggested charging for content. This was just a discussion posted by a user like you and I. The entire intent of mimioconnect is a site run by educators for educators. I think with the numbers of people taking part in this community tit will only increase the rich content and ideas that are shared for everyone. You can't put a price on that. :) I also think to some of the things I've seen before and thought "hey that would be neat if we could buy that" and later found out it wasn't anything that great or worse made the purchase and it didn't get used. What I love about the materials found here on mC is that it is teacher generated, teacher tested, and full of creativity. In a time where many of us are feeling the crunch of the economy and lack of funding, resources found here that are absolutely free due to the generous sharing of others is something that could revitalize us all. I encourage the community to continue sharing your great ideas as this resource can only be as good as the people that contribute! :) Be looking for more great things being added to mimioconnect that will enhance the overall experience for everyone!

• Posted:
    Dec. 22, 2009
Travis Rink
Posted by
Travis Rink
Downloads: 1036

Personally, I wouldn't pay. I

Personally, I wouldn't pay. I spend enough on my class etc... Each year expenditures go up more and we are in a finncial pinch as it is. I design most of my own lesson on mimio and learn more and more each day it seems. I come on here mainly to see what others are doing with it and love seeing different presentations in different areas. Seems more friendly. If you add pay, I think you lose what the sight has going for it now.

• Posted:
    Dec. 21, 2009
kettlewellbruce
Posted by
Bruce Kettlewell
Downloads: 1077

Pay for content

Our school district does not purchase anything until MUCH research is done to see that it CLOSELY ties with Texas Standards. The free content is what I encourage my teachers to get to know Mimio with, and then they talk to the technology committee, and they aproach the principal with a purchase request. The free content and free software is key in "selling" the Mimio product to the powers that be.

• Posted:
    Dec. 10, 2009
bednarb
Posted by
Barb Bednar
Downloads: 321

I would love to see better

I would love to see better lessons. I feel like there needs to be stronger, better, and more lessons out there for the Mimio. If I could preview the lesson, I wouldn't mind paying a SMALL fee. However, I would not want to pay a large amount of money. I would rather pay for each lesson than pay for a subscription. Since I am a music teacher, the amount of content available is not as plentiful as classroom teachers. I would love to see more lessons that utlilized the Mimio piano. It is such a cool feature!

Thanks,

• Posted:
    Dec. 7, 2009
brittelise
Posted by
Brittany
Downloads: 73

Quality mimio lessons

Keep in mind mimio doesn't create lesson for the site really. This site in almost entirely run by teachers for teachers. There is a diversity of teachers registered in mimioconnect from all grade levels and topics. What I see a need for is more quality lessons being shared by those taking part in this community. If you have created something, share it! We can learn so much for each other. If we'd all contribute something, everyone would benefit. Be sure to rank the files you look at as that also encourages those that are contributing. :)

• Posted:
    Dec. 19, 2009
Travis Rink
Posted by
Travis Rink
Downloads: 1036

One more thing

I only use a very narrow range of activities (first grade). I spent over $2500 on my classroom's technology last year and to now be told I need to pay for Mimio lessons would be a little hard to take right now.

• Posted:
    Aug. 9, 2009
Mr.Seymour
Posted by
Mr.Seymour
Downloads: 498

Pay for Mimioconnect?

Are they charging to use Smarts lessons? How about Promethean Planet? I don't believe they are charging yet. I do feel the service Mimioconnect is worth paying for but I think it would be a big mistake to start charging before the competition does. I actually like Mimioconnects setup more than Promethean Planets. Although I feel Mimioconnect still has a ways to go to be competitive. Mimio should be supporting this site BIG TIME!!!

• Posted:
    Aug. 9, 2009
Mr.Seymour
Posted by
Mr.Seymour
Downloads: 498

Sorry for the confusion

My original post is quite clearly talking about professionally produced educational content for mimio Studio. I never asked for opinions about charges for mimioconnect.com which will continue to be free to mimio teachers and this probably won't change in the future.
Yes both Smart and Promethean charge for professionally produced content that can be used with their respective software.
Being a teacher myself, I don't have a lot of time to create deep multimedia learning experiences that would make my mimio sing. My post is to determine if there are other teachers out there like me and what their ideas, dreams and wishes are.

• Posted:
    Aug. 10, 2009
mimioguy
Posted by
mimioguy
Downloads: 352

Mimio Content

Yes and no. It can be SO expensive to be a teacher anyway. I often supply my students with pencils, paper and other necessities. I can see this as one of those "costs" to help both the teacher and the student. The pricing structure would be the tricky part of this. You know, teachers are poor.

• Posted:
    Aug. 9, 2009
Meg Knapper
Posted by
Meg
Downloads: 26

The only way I would pay for

The only way I would pay for mimio content is if it was set up in a way to have a yearly subscription and have access to all of the content. I would not pay on a presentation by presentation basis.

• Posted:
    Aug. 8, 2009
NicoleRebstock
Posted by
NicoleRebstock
Downloads: 80

I agree....it would not be

I agree....it would not be convenient to pay for individual presentations. A yearly fee would be more reasonable. Maybe school districts could pay a one time yearly fee and then be able to have up to a certain number of teachers on one license.

• Posted:
    Dec. 2, 2009
jwixson
Posted by
Jamie Wixson
Downloads: 97

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

WATCH OUR VIDEO

Ask a Master

Question:

Can our Chromebooks have the MimioStudio software loaded onto them?

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

Great question and thank you for your submission to MimioConnect. Chromebooks can't download the software to their device but do connect to MimioMobile through the web at this address:...

Read More

Register