Using capture kit in the elementary classroom

I have a capture kit in my 3rd grade classroom but do not really know what to do with it! I would love to hear from others about ways that they incorporate this technology into their lessons. Share ways that you use the capture kit and what types of lessons you do with it.

Submitted by tch65 Mimio Master on Jun. 5, 2010

Comments & Collaboration (9)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

capture

I use capture primarily for note taking with the students. It allows them to participate in the lesson without having to worry about getting all of the notes. It also helps me know where we left off from the previous class, as I save all of them and I can just project them onto the board for a brief review. It's also great for when students are absent...instead of having to get the notes from someone else, I print out a copy and put it in the "make up work" tray. When they come in the next day they just have to add it to their binders. Hope that helps.

• Posted:
    Nov. 13, 2010
sfitzpatrick128
Posted by
Sheila Fitzpatrick
Downloads: 103

Capture Kit

I have had a capture kit since April and wondering how to implement the kit in a 7th-8th grade classroom. Your idea for note taking and also for the make up work is great!! I know that on so many levels --students, teachers and other support staff that run the copiers will appreciate this idea. Thanks for sharing!!

• Posted:
    Jun. 11, 2011
lbelk
Posted by
Louisa Belk
Downloads: 67

Great suggestions!

I really like your suggestions for using the capture in your classroom. My own son struggled with taking notes in class. He could have understood more if he wasn't spending all his time taking notes and not comprehending. I will share your ideas.
Thanks,

• Posted:
    Jun. 9, 2011
beasley1
Posted by
beasley1
Downloads: 161

New to Capture Kits

I appreciate everyone's comments about using the Capture Kits in the elementary classrooms. I am in the Instructional Technology Coordinator for a K-8 school and only purchased a couple of the kits for use in our 7th and 8th grade classrooms. I have been limiting myself to thinking of the kits as being used soley to save classroom notes.
Please continue to add your ideas for creative uses of the kits throughout all grade levels!

• Posted:
    Nov. 8, 2010
kinyohga
Posted by
kinyohga
Downloads: 45

I was recently talking with a

I was recently talking with a teacher that uses the Capture Kit to digitize her students writing their own names at the beginning of the year and then uses the images to make a seating chart. When she wants to rearrange the seats, she projects the new chart for the kids when they come in. It gives the kids a feeling of participation in the classroom setup.

• Posted:
    Oct. 19, 2010
janiak
Posted by
janiak
Downloads: 85

Capture Kit - Poster Board

You can actually use your capture kit to capture writing on a poster board or large piece of paper. It's a lot of fun, the kids love it AND you can keep what your students create on your computer. Here's how to do it.

1) Secure your poster board or large piece of paper on a table (or on dry erase board)
2) Place Mimio bar (usually on dry erase board) outside of top right corner of poster board
3) Engage capture mode in software
4) Use capture pens and write on poster board.

Try it out and let me know how it works in your classroom.

• Posted:
    Oct. 16, 2010
Scottw33458
Posted by
Scottw33458
Downloads: 176

Great Idea!

I have the capture kit but have yet to figure out how to use this with my second grade students. This is a great idea. I'm going to try this out with diagrams that groups are working on in reading this week.

• Posted:
    Mar. 21, 2011
crteacher
Posted by
Kristine Stewart
Downloads: 1138

Capture Kit

I am a second grade teacher and this is one way I am going to use the capture kit:

I am going to use my capture kit for the first time tomorrow (I have had it since March). I figured a good idea would be to start with something has simply has writing the students spelling words on the board using the capture kit. I like to use www.puzzlemaker.com to make a wordsearch and a wordscramble worksheet. Having the spelling words saved in an .ink file would save me the time of typing them into the computer each week.

I hope this helps.

• Posted:
    Oct. 11, 2010
Jbarreto05
Posted by
Jbarreto05
Downloads: 69

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

WATCH OUR VIDEO

Ask a Master

Question:

We just received the MimioVote system and I'd like to set up the gradebook to begin doing simple assessments with my students. How do I start? We...

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

The MimioVote system is a great addition to your classroom regiment of interactive assessments and instruction to use with your students. There are a number of Ask a Master responses on the...

Read More

Register