Standards

I am wondering if it would be an advantage for all the states to have one set of standards...It sure would help teachers who move frequently but I guess it is better for the kids.

Submitted by hambeg Mimio Master on Jun. 4, 2010

Comments & Collaboration (4)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Standards

Isn't this what the new "Common Core" is supposed to be about? I keep hearing buzz about it, but still need to look into it. On the website for Common Core States Initiatives there is alot of information. Here is the opening quote: "Building on the excellent foundation of standards states have laid, the Common Core State Standards are the first step in providing our young people with a high-quality education. It should be clear to every student, parent, and teacher what the standards of success are in every school."

You might start here to begin to learn more.

• Posted:
    Nov. 12, 2010
filicetti
Posted by
filicetti
Downloads: 199

Standards

I have also wondered that. I teach second grade at a small rural school in Northeast Missouri. We have students that move in and out of the district frequently. My heart aches as they leave because I know that they are missing out on so much content because where ever they are moving to has covered things differently or in a different order or has different standards for that grade. What is the answer???

• Posted:
    Sep. 29, 2010
joanne_kincaid
Posted by
Jo Kincaid
Downloads: 100

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

Ask a Master

Question:

Do you know of some good resources to incorporate into lessons on Memorial Day for elementary grades? I know I could search Google for resources...

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

What a good question and I believe I have some good solutions for you. Here is a link to an article on how Memorial Day started which you could share with your students or incorporate it into a...

Read More

Register