The New Products

Saw the new Mimio products in person at a presentation on Friday. I am very impressed with everything! I have been lucky to use a MimioPad for a few months and I like the ease of connecting and using it. The new Teach, Vote, View, and Capture are really innovative. The improvement to the bar - wireless out of the box, a rechargeable docking stylus pen, simplified buttons - are very welcome. The Vote student response system builds in clever color coding of the buttons to aid students, especially elementary, in finding the answer they want. The Capture kit really improves this system. The stylus pens are so much nicer - ergonomic, rechargeable. I can't wait to start using all the new products. I will still be teaching/training with the older model because we have so many in our district, but I think the improvements to the new products are really going to cause a stir.

Submitted by ritchij Mimio Master Mimio Certified Trainer on Sep. 18, 2010

Comments & Collaboration (11)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

All of the mimio products are

All of the mimio products are new to me. I was just introduced to them at a tech conference last year and fell in love. My principal and tech coordinator have decided to place mimios in the classrooms of the three new schools we are building now. My district tends to lag behind the times when it comes to technology (mostly due to lack of funds.) But we are using the construction to infuse technology into the environment. We do have a few smartboards but they are rarely used- probably because the teachers were never trained. I am excited about introducing mimios and the ease of creating lessons. We have one mimio we are using now as a trial run but I cant wait to get my hands on a view, pad, and vote system. I am working on adding another mimio teach with the most recent offer- trade in an old iwb and get $200 off a mimio teach. I think I have our tech guy convinced!

• Posted:
    May. 14, 2011
carolyn1003
Posted by
carolyn1003
Downloads: 51

products

In my school we have many older mimio products. We are just happy to have any products. I htink as time goes on we will be doubling our technology within the school

• Posted:
    Mar. 26, 2011
cherylpennie
Posted by
cherylpennie
Downloads: 137

Hopefully I will see new products in December

I haven't been lucky enough to play with the new Mimio products yet, but I have a train the trainer class in December and I am hoping I have the chance to try them out then. The new products sound and look amazing. We have Mimio's and Smartboards in my district and Mimio's are a great way to integrate technology into the classroom.

• Posted:
    Oct. 16, 2010
Redhill
Posted by
Tammy Parker
Downloads: 62

The New Products

The New Mimio Products are awesome! I just attended a training session in Cambridge, MA. The MimioView can also be used as a camera. There are 3 led lights: You can use 1, 2 or all 3. The autofocus is great for me, since I’m never sure if I have the focus right. You can manipulate the flexible arms to capture your image, and can use the camera as a web cam.
The MimioVote is great too. It looks much like a game controller the students use daily to play video games, thus making it attractive to students. The software allows for flexibility in setting up a variety of questions and responses you can “vote” on. You do not have to place the vote back in a certain place which is real plus. It saves time!
The MimioTeach is nice, but a little different. The stylus takes some getting used to. After using the Mimio XI you have to get accustomed to fewer buttons. I do like the fact it is wired but wireless. You must have it plugged into an AC outlet for the pen to charge, but it is wireless to the computer.
I am fortunate to work for a company that purchased all the new products for my use to demo/train, so I am in learning mode..

• Posted:
    Oct. 14, 2010
Cathy_Bunce
Posted by
Cathy_Bunce
Downloads: 258

Oh how nice they are.

Yes I agree that the new devices look great! I will be attending a workshop later this month in Dallas and can't wait to get a good look at them, and maybe win one (That'd be NICE!).

One of our teachers just received the new MimioVote (purchased with grant money), got to say "AWESOME!" They look and feel very durable, rechargeable and auto re-numbering when put in the docking station is a big ++!

We have well over 100 Mimio interactive systems with Capture kit and a Pad in our district and a trade up would be a fabulous idea!

HAPPY MIMIO-ing everybody,
Peggy

• Posted:
    Oct. 13, 2010
peggy.clore
Posted by
Peggy Clore
Downloads: 392

New Products

I have been lucky enough to have a quick sneak peek at the new products here in Australia and can't wait to get my hands on them! The Vote especially looks like it might suddenly become the most popular item for the teachers to borrow from the library. We are lucky enough to have most of the school set up with a Mimio (about 30 units) but next year we have 8 new classrooms being built which will be setup with the new products. I am dreading the stampede when the teachers see the new devices. We lend the teachers the Mimios each school year from our library. I can see that I will need to have a system in place to ensure fairness when lending the Teach or the older models. Jo has a point when she suggests that a 'trade in' type of system would be beneficial. In this day and age it would be terrific to see more recycling if it is possible.

• Posted:
    Oct. 12, 2010
Lorellyn Tomlinson
Posted by
Lorellyn Tomlinson
Downloads: 107

I wish mimio would allow

I wish mimio would allow teachers to return their old products for $$$ towards new products. I love my mimio but it has fallen off the wall many times and the stylus is not very user friendly for second grader hands. I have also asked about the prices of the vote and view, but haven't gotten a response yet. Since budgets are tight nowadays, it would be nice to get credit for being a long time mimio user!

• Posted:
    Sep. 29, 2010
joanne_kincaid
Posted by
Jo Kincaid
Downloads: 100

I agree with Laura about

I agree with Laura about contacting a Mimio dealer. The promotions now being run have really helped us as a small district to stretch our $$. Although I love the new Mimio Teach (we have bought several), they function the same as the mimio xi. The new features are great, but you are still teaching with the fabulous software that your "old" system enjoyed. Make sure you update your software to the 7.01 version. There are some really slick features. Don't forget, the mimio pad, Vote, and View will work with your "old" equipment; you will just take up one more USB port.

• Posted:
    Oct. 15, 2010
campbellc
Posted by
Carol Campbell
Downloads: 91

I agree! We have a few

I agree! We have a few Mimio's in our school and would love to upgrade but with levies failing left and right money is not in the budget for upgrades

• Posted:
    Oct. 14, 2010
schindlers
Posted by
Samantha Schindler
Downloads: 149

New Mimio Products

Jo,
While Mimio is not currently offering a trade-in offer, they are extending special promotions to existing customers for some of the new products. Check out the promotions at www.mimio.com and feel free to contact your Mimio Partner -- here is a link to the partners in your state: http://www.mimio.dymo.com/purchase/resellers_display.asp

• Posted:
    Oct. 12, 2010
htcomp
Posted by
Laura Hopkins
Downloads: 695

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

WATCH OUR VIDEO

Ask a Master

Question:

I can't seem to change the orientation of a PDF file that I inserted into a notebook page. Can it be rotated?

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

There is no way to directly change the orientation of a PDF file from inside MimioStudio Notebook.That would need to be done prior to inserting it into the notebook. If you don't have access to...

Read More

Register