Mimio for 13-17yr olds?

Hi folks,
We're a charity in Ireland that do drug education in schools. Lots of our work is designed to be very interactive and group oriented. We recently got some funding and I'm researching different multimedia tools that we could use.Any feedback on how usable the mimio would be for groups of up to 30 that I want to be able to work away themselves in groups. I want it to be as "not teachery" as possible. (no offense intended, excuse made-up word).
Thanks
Seamus

Submitted by Kerry Life Education on Oct. 2, 2009

Comments & Collaboration (2)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I teach in an informal

I teach in an informal setting with up to 30 at a time - most of the time 17/18 year olds... I've found that the extra mimio tablets are worthwhile as you can pass it around and do spider diagrams straight onto the board/ storyboards etc... so there's lots to be done!

also, these are extremely portable... we have to move classrooms once or twice a week so it sounds like it could be ideal for you.

• Posted:
    Oct. 26, 2009
rachaelfm
Posted by
Rachael Moss
Downloads: 30

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

Ask a Master

Question:

I'm new to Mimio this year and am wondering how to store my equipment for the summer and how can I work on lessons over the summer if I don't have...

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

This is a good question with a few suggestions for you based on your school situation. Some school districts have guidelines as to what to do with technology at the end of the year. The first...

Read More

Register