Be prepared

The best advice I would give a new teacher on her first day of school is to be prepared. Make sure you have plenty of fun activities planned for your new class. Make them fun and exciting. You want your students to go home on that first day of school excited they are in your class. Have your mimio lessons ready because your students will expect you to use it! If mimio is new to you, check out the quick lessons at mimio.com. I also advise you to take the Mimio Masters courses offered. They provide you with a wealth of information.

Submitted by Carrie McCool Mimio Master on Jun. 29, 2010

Comments & Collaboration (7)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

It's easyt with Edmodo

After using the Mimio studio and create different mini lesson for Science and World History, I found that first year teachers need to use the social media skills in order to communicate and collaborate with teachers and students.
Twitter, and Edmodo they have a ton of information regarding mimio and social media

• Posted:
    Apr. 28, 2014
Negronjc
Posted by
Charlie Negron
Downloads: 2

Importance of Preparation

Having been an administrator of a school, and now working with the Mimio product I have seen a number of individuals that feel that natural talent and abilities will be adequate to be prepared for the beginning of school. Though I appreciate a teacher with a lot of natural skills, there is no sustitute for preparation. Do a number of run throughs with the technology and it will expose areas where you may run into challenges. Never assume that web connections will be all that you need, or that you will have all the connections etc that you want. Practice - practice - practice!

• Posted:
    Jun. 8, 2013
jimelkins
Posted by
James Elkins
Downloads: 17

Be Prepared

Always be prepared! Expect the unexpected....always plan more than what you think you will need especially for the first days of school. Your day will go by alot faster if you are prepared.

• Posted:
    Apr. 21, 2013
rinconge
Posted by
rinconge
Downloads: 29

Be Prepared and Then Some

I agree some of the best advice I ever got was to plan more than what you think you will need. Keep the kids engaged as much as possible with a variety of activities. The mimio is an awesome way to captivate their attention and have them be excited about learning. The main thing is to remember when kids have a lot of down time is usually when a lot of problems occur.

• Posted:
    Jun. 5, 2013
dmckneely
Posted by
dmckneely
Downloads: 29

be prepared

I agree! That is the best advice I could give a new teacher. Be prepared with your lessons and activities. You don't want to lose your students. You want to keep them engaged in learning in the classroom. Mimio lessons are a fabulous way to keep your students engaged in learning!

• Posted:
    Apr. 15, 2012
Lily.Kerwin
Posted by
Lily.Kerwin
Downloads: 39

Practice, Practice, Practice

To add on to the advice you gave. I work with new teachers every year at different schools. The advice that I give them is definitly be prepared and to practice, practice, practice. If you have an idea of how you want to manage you classroom, play the idea through in you head and ask other teachers for their input. The mimio is a great way to get the students to be excited about school because it is an interactive way for them to learn and not to be in their seats all day. If you are new to the mimio, again practice, practice, practice. I always tell my teachers to first break in to using the mimio by simply using it as a white instead of use the dry erase markers. This will allow you to became accustom with the tools and streamline your lessons/activities without losing your students attention. If you are not sure how to create lessons/activities, you can simply search for some on mimioconnect and use those to save you time.

• Posted:
    Sep. 19, 2010
everhasc
Posted by
everhasc
Downloads: 69

Practice, Practice and do not give up!

I do need to keep practicing until is perfect! I teach from class to class and it is not easy for me but I will not give up!Q

• Posted:
    Sep. 17, 2011
pcollars
Posted by
pcollars
Downloads: 192

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

Ask a Master

Question:

I am looking for lesson ideas on Martin Luther King Jr that are geared towards middle schoolers. Can you give me any advice or lessons on...

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

I can give you some suggestions as to where you can find some quality material geared towards middle school. The lessons on MimioConnect are basically designed for elementary students yet with a...

Read More

Register