Are there any Art Teachers out there?

Are there any Art Teachers out there with Mimios in their classrooms? How has having access to this type of technology changed they way you teach?

debra.talbert's picture
Submitted by debra.talbert on Jun. 5, 2010

Comments & Collaboration (6)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Variety of uses for Art class!

A lot of teacher friends at my school think I wouldn't need the Mimio since I teach art. They think I should just be dealing with physical materials, not virtual ones! How wrong!

Here are some ways I have used the MimioTeach technology so far.. I list the directions to each art assignment on the board with step by step pictures. I compare and contrast good art vs. poor quality art. I use the MimioView to demonstrate techniques for all to see. It is soooo much easier and more accurate than drawing on a whiteboard. I also use the MimioView for students to present their artwork at the end of the class. Everybody can clearly see the work as the student talks about it. Then we cheer them on at the end for their great work! :) It is so much fun! I have also made some .ink files to create some review games to cover famous artists.

I love using the MimioTeach for art class!!!

• Posted:
    Oct. 20, 2012
Happyedwards77
Posted by
Reagan Edwards
Downloads: 69

Art + Mimio = Amazing

I have just started using the MimioTeach in my art room, and although I have just done a few Kindergarten matching activities (portrait, still life, landscape), I can't wait to explore the possiblities. I will use the MimioTeach in conjunction with the MimioVote to do formative and summative evaluations for art concepts and art history knowledge. I will also try to develop a way to use the Mimio for critiquing art. If anyone has any great ideas, send them my way! I also use the MimioView everyday to do art demonstrations, it has become such an integral part of my classroom. I look forward to discovering how best to utilize the camera and recording features to best document and encoruage creativity in art.

• Posted:
    Mar. 4, 2011
laura.starzec
Posted by
Laura Starzec
Downloads: 20

Technology makes it EASIER!!!

Technology has made teaching art SO much easier!! Using an Elmo to project my tool using techniques up on the big screen is just priceless.

I like to create my own lessons, and using the Mimeo Studio allows me to prepare my instruction ahead of time, have the same presentation every time, and involve a variety of interactive teaching strategies. When the students get involved with the technology themselves, they really enjoy it and remember it better. I often hand off the mimeo tablet to a student to lead the practice exercise, as they drag the art tool into the appropriate media box, or lead us through a virtual tour of the Lascaux cave. There are a plethera of public domain images out there on the internet, so embedding exemplary works of art for inspiration and concept demonstrations is a snap. Or even linking to already created multimedia sites is great too. (:

• Posted:
    Mar. 1, 2011
valrose
Posted by
Valeri Borstelmann
Downloads: 26

Technology has been a useful

Technology has been a useful tool for the past five years with the Wilton Art Appreciation Program, and more recently through the SRA Art Connections. Both have been valuable for introductions to projects and reviewing concepts learned.

• Posted:
    Feb. 28, 2011
saladiwi
Posted by
saladiwi
Downloads: 0

Mimio in Art

Yes, I use the interactive books on disk that I recieved with the currrent SRA Art series. It only seems to pay off when I use it with the program because it's already premade and simple point and click. No need to make lessons or download lessons. Otherwise I find that it just consumes too much time. Technology is great, but there are some days that I put everything away and find that my lessons flow much better without the use of technology. I find that I focus too much on the peripherals and if/how they are working instead of the lesson itself.

• Posted:
    Feb. 13, 2011
ccapino
Posted by
Caroline Capino
Downloads: 171

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

WATCH OUR VIDEO

Ask a Master

Question:

Is there a way to preview a gallery/.mcf file before you download it?

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

Previewing content on the website is reserved for the lesson/.ink files. Gallery files work differently because of their complexity which can include images, templates, multimedia, and even...

Read More

Register