Do you know of some ways to pair eBooks with my Mimio?
This is a great question because eBooks are becoming a very accessible and cost effective way to deliver traditional textbooks and literature that was only available in print form. Many eBooks can be downloaded into a pdf format which allows you to insert them into notebook pages. Once inserted here's a list of just a few suggestions of what you can do:
1. Highlight text for discussion or analyzing
2. Select specific words for vocabulary development/ definitions
3. Locate passages which answer/support essential ideas or themes of the story.
4. Read aloud passages for gaining fluency and comprehension
5. Insert graphic organizer pages for character traits and/or comparisons, plot development, 5 W’s, and related skills.
6. Insert notebook pages where pictures can be sketched to explain a passage.
7. Analyze an author’s style by citing examples.
8. Make predictions by highlighting instances of foreshadowing.
9. Record lesson and class comments for those who were absent or need to use as a study guide for future assessments.
10. Develop/practice research and note-taking skills.
11. Insert video clips, found on the Internet, to bring clarification to complex passages.
12. Analyze and/or interpret charts, graphs, and tables.
Even if an eBook can’t be inserted, project it outside the notebook and develop your lesson incorporating Mimio tools and applications like screen annotation and even quick vote. Don't forget that good teaching practices infusing student centered objectives and engagement are still the focus, so whatever your lesson ideas are, Mimio makes it a better way to learn. As always, we encourage you to check out the other posts on Ask a Master for many more tips and suggestions.
I don't know what it is called but it is like a box that has a question mark on it that kids can pull down to see directions or answers, where is that?
Thank you so much for your recent submission to Ask a Master. We are so glad to have you as part of our wonderful online community of educators! You are wondering how to create the famous pull tabs in Mimio Notebook. Here is a great lesson I found on MimioConnect that walks you through this process step by step:
You specifically mention the objective pull down which you can find right here:
I hope this was helpful and please let me know if there is anything else you need as we are always here to help. Have a wonderful week!
When I download an activity on my home computer how do I find/retrieve it once at school ?(I am signed in as a member)
Thank you for your recent submission to Ask a Master. We are so glad to have you as part of our wonderful online community of educators! You are wondering how to access an activity you have downloaded from MimioConnect on a different computer. When you download a file from MimioConnect it will only save and open on the computer that you are on at the time. I would suggest saving your downloads to a flash drive or external hard drive in order to transfer to your school computer. You can also tag the file as one of your favorites on MimioConnect and then when you get to your school computer you can open and download it there. To do this simply click on the “Add to favorites” blue link underneath the lesson plan or activity. When you log in at school you will be able to easily find this file by going to “View Profile” (top right of page under your username/picture) and then to “Favorites.” I hope you have found this helpful and please let me know if there is anything else you may need as we are always here to help. Have a great evening!