New mimio Power Tools - What do you want to see?

Hi there

I'm currently thinking about creating a new version of the mimio Power Tools Pack as they seem to be fairly popular with everybody.

I am interested in knowing what NEW tools teachers would like to see in this updated edition.

Please leave your thoughts in this thread.

And don't forget to vote for the original Power Tools Pack here:
http://www.mimioconnect.com/content/lesson/mimio_power_tools_pack_v1

Thanks for your input.

mimioguy's picture
Submitted by mimioguy Mimio Site Manager on Jun. 24, 2009

Comments & Collaboration (227)

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Color Picker tool

Destiny,

Welcome to Mimio. There is an ink dropper tool in Mimio. It is called the Color Picker and is located on the floating toolbar. Here is a link to a video demonstrating how to use it:

http://www.mimioconnect.com/forum/topic/color_picker

I hope this helps to answer the question.

Happy Mimio-ing!
Lindy George

• Posted:
    May. 22, 2016
Lindy George
Posted by
Lindy George
Downloads: 1935

Any

Help...I'm a Smartboard master teacher and am using Mimio now. I need interactive items like Vortex to make word sorts that give instant feedback.

Totally frustrated

• Posted:
    Jan. 19, 2015
katbrady
Posted by
Kat Brady
Downloads: 2

compass

A compass for circle drawing that lets you draw more than one circle or arc on the page. The compass that is there works, but when I move the compass, it moves the circle. When teaching Geometry, we do constructions where we need multiple arcs in the same drawing, all with different centers. Your competition at Smart had a good compass, once they listened to some feedback about the first one they came up with.

• Posted:
    Oct. 10, 2014
bblakeley
Posted by
brian blakeley
Downloads: 2

fraction pieces/manipulatives

I see some of these comments are older, so I am not sure if you are still taking suggestions. I would like to find fraction pieces which are in a circle shape. I would like to have the fractions from 1 whole - eighths or even twelfths. I would like them to be in different colors. I also would like to be able to put the 1/6th pieces on top of the 1/3 pieces etc.
Thanks Amy

• Posted:
    Sep. 28, 2013
afreeman9
Posted by
afreeman9
Downloads: 83

I would love to have a dice

I would love to have a dice where I can add my own text and/or graphic. For example, when students roll the dice for a money game, I would love a dice that displays the coins on it, or the 1 and cent symbol. Basically, dice I can customize.

• Posted:
    May. 21, 2013
kkevra1
Posted by
kkevra1
Downloads: 352

curved lines

I know of straight lines, but there are times when I want a curved line with arrow. Perhaps I've missed it, but if not, sure would like to be able to make them.

• Posted:
    Apr. 12, 2013
bcarper
Posted by
Barbara Carper
Downloads: 229

Warp (being able to drag

Warp (being able to drag correct and incorrect answers inside of warp). If the things are incorrect, they bounce out. If the things are correct, they disapper.

• Posted:
    Oct. 23, 2012
fmccurry
Posted by
fmccurry
Downloads: 541

Clocks and Telling Time

There are a lot of flash clocks, which are fantastic. I would like a tool to allow me to fill in a clock (showing time has passed) with a color of some sort so students can see how much time has passed and how much is left within an hour (early elapsed time skills.)

• Posted:
    Oct. 19, 2012
meliajasso
Posted by
meliajasso
Downloads: 139

I want editable fractions and exponents!

The subject says it all! I want to be able to enter fractions and exponents into a Mimio vote lesson/quiz without having to create a picture or look in my gallery everytime! :)

• Posted:
    Mar. 7, 2012
carrieblack
Posted by
carrieblack
Downloads: 67

history

As a middle school teacher of Ancient History it would be great to see more packs of ancient civilizations like: Mesopotamia, China, Phoenicia, Greece, Rome. Most of the history packs are US History.

• Posted:
    Feb. 11, 2012
Maureen2
Posted by
Maureen2
Downloads: 150

Mouse gesture support

I would love to see mouse gestures integrated into mimio that could activate certain features of the software suite or even integrate with the OS. For instance press button A or B while gesturing a V brings up MimioVote, etc

• Posted:
    Sep. 9, 2011
spulliam
Posted by
spulliam
Downloads: 18

Using mimio in the orchestra classroom

I would love to have blank dice that we can add our own images to.

If one were able to select bass and alto clef on the piano tool, then notes could be shown in those clefs too. That way when the piano is played then it could be used as a teaching tool that would include all students in a music class instead of just the subset of students who read treble clef.

I wish there were all notes and rhythms in the music graphics and more music symbols.

• Posted:
    Jul. 30, 2011
haellis
Posted by
haellis
Downloads: 11

I haven't been using Mimio

I haven't been using Mimio very long but there are a couple of problems or possible areas of frustration for me. I wish there was a spell check feature included within the toolbar area. Also there should be a way to unlock one item rather then having to unlock all items.

• Posted:
    Jul. 16, 2011
CLWilliams
Posted by
CLWilliams
Downloads: 15

Unlocking Items

I agree! I spend a long time creating lessons and when I see I made a mistake and need to correct it if it's been locked, everything gets unlocked and I have to spend more time fixing it up! Very frustrating!

• Posted:
    Aug. 27, 2011
nemokrystle
Posted by
nemokrystle
Downloads: 78

Idea

I sure understand how difficult it can be if you have to unlock one or two things only and everything unlocks. I have a work around for exactly that. What I do is I click Format >Locking >Unlock all which selects everything. Then while everything is still selected hold down the CTRL key and click on ONLY the pieces you actually want unlocked. Then let go of the CTRL key (everything else will still be selected) and click Format >Locking >Lock. This will relock everything else. I do this out of habit now and it has been a real time saver.

Lindy

• Posted:
    Sep. 4, 2011
Lindy George
Posted by
Lindy George
Downloads: 1935

Backgrounds

I love Mimio, and reading through old suggestions here, I can see that you have already provided so many of the options asked for. One thing I find frustrating is matching colors on the pen, marker, or text with background color. Can it be made so that if you make your own color for a background, that new color is also available for all the other tools? This is essential for erasing to see answers, and for hiding words and finding them again, which the kids love!!

• Posted:
    Jul. 14, 2011
dannahernandez
Posted by
dannahernandez
Downloads: 415

ESL

I would like to have an anagram and crossword puzzle maker that the students can solve on the whiteboard. The vortex and tools that smart board offers are things that I would like to be able to use as I like preparing my own activities tailor- made to my students needs. Mimio board is great but preparing activities can be time consuming. I'll be looking forward to a newer more powerful version of your teaching tool kit.
Thanks

• Posted:
    Jul. 12, 2011
Roula
Posted by
Roula Stara
Downloads: 754

New ideas

I would love to see a random word chooser. My Smart Board had one that had maybe 20-25 places for words, and when the child pressed select, that words popped around until it landed on one word. It had noises to go along with it. It was a lot of fun! Thanks1

• Posted:
    Jul. 9, 2011
goobers511
Posted by
goobers511
Downloads: 431

New Tools

I would love to have "dot cards" for math. I use 10-frames and I would like to see cards representing each number. One dot in a 10-frame for #1, two dots, etc. up to ten.

• Posted:
    Jun. 23, 2011
Jane Dews
Posted by
Jane Dews
Downloads: 22

spinning dice game

I would like to see a spinning dice game that is like farkle or yahtzee where the dice are covered in different types of notes and rolled to get certain combinations for a score.

• Posted:
    May. 18, 2011
simsa
Posted by
simsa
Downloads: 41

Customizable dice can be

This is not exactly what you're looking for, but could be tweaked for use. Unfortunately the info you enter will be lost if you close the file or turn the page.

Customizable dice can be found here:
http://www.mimioconnect.com/content/lesson/custom_dice

You can make your own die here, but you there's only a short space to do it in:
http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks1/maths/dice/...

• Posted:
    Jun. 23, 2011
collyblom
Posted by
Megan
Downloads: 1249

SOME IDEAS

Here are some things that I find limiting about Mimio.
1. Mimio does not supoort midi sounds unless you hyperlink the sound. This means that each time you 'click' on the sound, Media Player opens. It seems that only wav sounds are supported which means that you have to use a converter to convert the midi to wav. These converters are costly.
2. I want to be able to modify reveal boxes. The grey box is very boring. I want to change either the colour of the reaveal box or be able to add a pic to the outside of the reveal box. The pic must be able to move with the reveal box when it opens.
3. I want to able to make tables in Mimio without having to make the table in Word and paste into Mimio.
4. How do i make my own gallery FILE. I know how to paste into the gallery.
5. You need a quicker way to do a gallery search.

• Posted:
    Apr. 16, 2011
beggs
Posted by
E B-JHB
Downloads: 88

"pops" and "reveals"

It would be nice to ALSO have "pops" and "reveals" that don't reset themselves when you navigate away from the page that they are on. Resetting could take place when the document was closed or if manually reset.

Thank you for asking for ideas.

• Posted:
    Apr. 11, 2011
margo
Posted by
margo
Downloads: 295

reveal that flips (magic square from Jesus Cital)

I love this appliction but it is not practical without being able to change font size. I am also having difficulty getting the magic square to retain the information entered when I navigate away from the page.

• Posted:
    Apr. 9, 2011
lostinga1
Posted by
lostinga1
Downloads: 640

I also don't like how this

I also don't like how this application loses the information every time you change the page. This is impractical, because it's pointless to have to type the informatoin in while you're busy teaching the class.

• Posted:
    May. 5, 2011
collyblom
Posted by
Megan
Downloads: 1249

Forgot Your Password?  

Why Become a Member?
 Find Content
Search our extensive library of lesson plans for interactive whiteboards or share your own favorites with others.

Get Interactive
Become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Mimio Group for sharing files and ideas.

Learn More
Get answers to your questions from Mimio Masters, or take live online or on-demand courses that suit your timetable.

Ask a Master

Question:

I'd like to create a quiz using the MimioVote. Do I need to have the MimioVote plugged in to my computer to be able to create and access the...

Tracy Tishion's picture
Mimio Master:
Tracy Tishion

Answer:

Good question! When you create a quiz or any type of MimioVote assessment, the only equipment you need is a computer with the MimioStudio software installed on it. You can open the notebook...

Read More

Register